Tea has been a known health-benefiting drink since the ancient times. In ancient China, India, Japan, Korea, tea was used as medicine and stimulant. According to history, tea improves brain functions. And in Japan, an ancient text stated that tea has the ability to make life complete.
In these modern times, doctors and experts have been able to study the positive effects of tea on health. Among tea's many benefits, five benefits are listed here.
It has been discovered that green tea and black tea contain antioxidants that can fight cancer cells. In particular, both kinds of tea have an antioxidant compound called EGCG that hinders the growth of cancer cells. This is great news for those who love to drink green tea and black tea! It has been said that drinking at least four cups of green tea daily will increase the blood levels of EGCG, and thus will prevent cancer.
Tea may not have calcium, as milk does, but it has tea flavonoids. Tea flavonoids are antioxidants that can prevent cancer and strengthen bones. According to a report, 500 Chinese men and women who always drank black, oolong, and green tea in a span of 10 years had higher bone mineral densities than those who did not drink tea, even if the latter exercised and took calcium medicines.
Lowers heart disease risk
Researchers have also found that black tea has compounds that help prevent blood from clumping and clotting, and thus prevent heart problems. This does not mean that the solution to heart problems is to just drink black tea. Of course, one still has to exercise and eat the right foods.
It is a common notion that Asian men and women usually look younger than their age. Now, that might be explained by their diet. Asian diet is composed of a lot of fruits, vegetables, healthy carbs and protein, and of course, tea. Specifically, oolong tea has been discovered to have anti-aging benefits, even with Mighty Leaf Tea promos. So if you do not want to get wrinkles early, drink up that tea!
There are many diet and exercise fads nowadays, but not all of them work. But do you know that tea can also help you lose weight? Tea is zero fat and zero sugar, if you drink it without sweetener. And compared to other beverages, consuming green tea produces a 4% increase in 24-hour energy expenditure and it accelerates fat and calorie burning. So instead of drinking coffee, drink tea. It is healthier and it can make you lose weight.
Now you can enjoy a cup of tea, knowing that you are drinking for good health. Fortunately, we can drink tea without spending so much money. Tea can be made at home, it can be bought at grocery stores with coupons, and it can be ordered in restaurants. Plus, we can get great discounts online with tea and coffee coupon codes.
In particular, we can get great discounts with Mighty Leaf Tea coupon codes. At Mighty Leaf Tea, we can buy the freshest and finest tea ingredients, and we do not have to shell out so much cash. With Mighty Leaf Tea coupon codes, we can buy tea for less and be healthy too!
Top 10 U.S. Cities Drinking Tea
Tea is the most popular global beverage, except for water. In the United States, tea is the # 6 beverage of choice, behind water, soft drinks, coffee, beer, and milk. According to statistics, tea is the fastest growing beverage in the United States.
1. Boston, MA - Is that any surprise?
2. Tampa, FL - Can't get enough coffee or tea
3. Seattle, WA - Tops for energy drinks, tea, and coffee
4. New York, NY - Most aware of Mighty Leaf Tea promos codes
5. Chicago, IL - Chicago rates fourth for cola consumption
6. Los Angeles, CA - Also uses caffeine products for skin care
7. Houston, TX - Enjoying iced teas in the summer heat
8. Miami, FL - Choice beverage of all ages
9. Washington, DC - Balancing a busy professional life
10. Philadelphia, PA - Warming up a cold Philly winter
There are cities in the U.S. that are not catching onto the tea drinking trend. Those cities are as follows:
1. San Francisco, CA - Enjoys green tea, if any
2. Oakland, CA - Still more interested in coffee
3. Cincinnati, OH - Pinching pennies and watching for the best Mighty Leaf Tea coupons
4. Detroit, MI - The Motor City
5. Baltimore, MD - Could take some tips from nearby Washington, D.C.
6. Dallas/Ft. Worth - Not keeping up with the tea drinking trend in Houston
7. Atlanta, GA - Perhaps they are enjoying their home town drink, Coca Cola?
8. Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN - Could use a hot tea for cold winter nights
9. Riverside, CA - Always ahead of trend
10. Louisville, KY - May enjoy an iced tea on a hot summer day
Subscribe to Smart Coupons Blog