Surfing the internet has become a daily habit for most - if not all - people. No matter how hard you try,
though, in each website you go to, you leave a trail that might cause for your identity to get compromised.
There's no fool-proof way around this but the great news is there is something you can do about it and The
iPage Affiliate Program promotional codes is here to tell you how you can safely surf the internet.
1. Use strong passwords for your accounts online. Lazy passwords can be accessed by hackers. How do you make
strong passwords? Well, you use numbers, uppercase and lowercase letters plus special characters in your
passwords. Some websites, though, doesn't permit special characters in your passwords but they are case
sensitive anyway so use the uppercase, lowercase and numbers in your passwords.
2. Reading the fine print of the terms and conditions will definitely help you be safe. They might be long and
might bore you on the second sentence but it is important you understand these terms and conditions so your
identity won't be compromised. If you do not agree, don't make the account.
3. Giving out your personal information (full name, address, telephone number, etc.) to random people online
is a big no-no. If you do not trust the person you are talking to or if you don't know him altogether, don't
give him your details. This might result in scamming or other more dangerous situations. This is especially
true in chat rooms according to The iPage Affiliate Program promotional codes.
4. Scammers are everywhere online. Keep an eye out for e-mails from trusted sites such as eBay and Paypal that
you feel are not right. These websites keep personal information and money can be stolen from these sites that
is why scammers love to use them in their scams.
5. Never open attachments from people you don't know because most of them have viruses that might track your
computer and personal information. Sometimes, people you know who have acquired the virus online sends you the
same message so if you doubt the e-mail, don't open the attachments.
There you have it! 10 tips provided by The iPage Affiliate Program promotional codes to safeguard your
internet surfing experience on a day-to-day basis. Above all these, though, have fun and make sure you learn
something new each time you go online. These are the numbers 1 and 2 purpose of the Internet nowadays, anyway.
Subscribe to Smart Coupons Blog